1. ANNUAL FEES AND FINANCIAL DECISION
These amounts are decided by Executive Committee and approved by the General Council.
a. Standard membership fee for Society Members and Associate Members is 550 Euros for each of the years 2014 and 2015.
b. Ordinary members: the annual fee is 110 Euros for each of the years 2014 and 2015.
A 10% late fee will be applied for the Society Members who do not pay the annual fee on time.
c. Industry members: there are different annual fee according to different categories:
1. Platinum member:
Annual fee: 10,000 Euros
– Logo in home web page with link to industry website
– Logo in UIP newsletters
– Discount (15 %) of booth price in UIP congresses
– Discount (15 %) in symposium fee in UIP congresses
– Free banner in UIP congresses gala dinner
– Logos in bags given to UIP congress members
2. Gold member
Annual fee: 5,000 Euros
– Logo in home web page with link to one pdf page
– Discount (10%) of booth price in UIP congresses
– Discount (10 % ) in symposium fee in UIP congresses
– Discount (20 %) for banner in UIP congresses gala dinner
– Discount (20 %) for logos in bags of UIP congresses
3. Silver member
Annual fee: 3,000 Euros
– Logo in home web page without link
– Discount (5 %) of booth price in UIP congresses
– Discount (5 %) in symposium fee in UIP congresses
– Discount (10 %) for banner in UIP congresses gala dinner
– Discount (10 %) for logos in bags of UIP congresses
2. GUIDELINES ON APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP OF THE UIP
A. Guidelines on application for Society members
1. Societies applying for Society Membership in the UIP must:
a. Be not-for-profit.
b. Have at least four years of continuous activity.
c. Have organized at least 2 previous national or international congresses with venous topics comprising at least 50% of the scientific program.
2. Societies which do not meet the above conditions could be admitted under the category of Associate Member. Such societies may attend the General Council Meetings with no voting rights and will be required to pay the annual membership fee according to the classification.
The application must include the following documents/information:
1. A formal application by the Society for membership in the UIP
2. Copy of the constitution of the Society
3. The administrative structure of the Society (Council, Executive Committee, etc)
4. The procedures of elections and voting
5. The frequency of meetings
6. A list of past meetings and main themes
7. A list of planned future meetings and main themes
8. A full membership list with total numbers
9. The name of the Society journal, if any
All documents must be sent to President with a copy to the General Secretary.
B. Guidelines on application for Individual Members
Applicants are required to complete and submit the membership application form entailing their personal details. The application needs to be accompanied by a short CV and supporting documents demonstrating experience and interest in phlebology.
All documents must be sent to the President with a copy to the General Secretary.
Such members will receive a Certificate and an annual electronic or printed subscription to the official journal of the UIP.
Individual members will receive a special discount for the congress as determined by the Executive Committee from time to time.
C. Guidelines for industry members
These members will pay an annual fee to be determined by the Executive Committee and receive benefit packages which can include advertising on the UIP website and Newsletters and a discount in the price of the exhibition booths during the official UIP Congresses or other advantages as determined by the Executive Committee from time to time.
3. PRELIMINARY REQUIREMENTS FOR UIP CONGRESS ORGANIZER CANDIDATES:
Candidatures must be sent to the President of the UIP with a copy to the General Secretary.
The application must contain the following:
1. Proposed period for the event
3. visional program including the proposed topics.
4. Morning plenary sessions with no concurrent sessions, symposia or meetings.
5. First plenary session to be devoted to the UIP consensus meetings, awards and prizes.
6. Proposed accommodation to include a range of options and categories.
7. Travel expenses
8. Budget with revenue and expense projections
Administrative instructions for organizers:
1. The organizer will pay a fee as determined and negotiated by the Executive Committee and reviewed from time to time.
2. The organizer will offer discounts (as stated above) on the published cost of exhibition booths (only) to the “Industry members.”
3. The organizer will offer a 20% discount on the delegate fees to “Individual Members.”
4. The organizer will commit to all members of the Executive Committee:
– Hotel accommodation (room with double occupancy) for the period of the Congress in the Official Hotel.
– Complimentary registration including registration for an accompanying person.
– Two tickets to the Gala Dinner and all social activities organized by the Congress.
– All expenses of the Executive Committee and General Council meetings including the room, audiovisual facilities, food (finger buffet) and beverages, etc.
5. Travel expenses of all member of the Executive Committee at a fixed value of 1,800 Euros per member
6. Any other requests or requirements will be decided between the organizer and the President of the UIP.
7. In the official Congresses of UIP, at least the plenary sessions must have Spanish translation.
The Executive Committee can establish different rules for the organization of congresses and present them for approval to General Council.
4. ABOUT THE AUSPICES
The UIP will give permission to use the official logo for courses, symposia, or meetings that receive the auspices of the UIP.
The organizers of events will be required to send the request for the auspices to the President of UIP with a copy to the General Secretary. The request should be in writing and accompanied by the Scientific Program.
Meeting organizers may request recognition from and granting of auspices by the UIP under the following conditions:
- The meeting is organized or endorsed by one of the following:
- UIP-affiliated societies in Tier 2/3 countries
- UIP-affiliated societies in Tier 1 countries
- Non-UIP-affiliated, not-for-profit societies / organizations
- For-profit, non-industry societies / organizations
- A program is submitted to the Scientific Committee and judged to have sufficient educational or scientific merit on veins and lymphatics to warrant the granting of UIP auspices.
- The conclusions of the Scientific Committee are approved by the President, General Secretary, and Vice President responsible for the region.
- The required fees (per the table below) are submitted to the Treasurer of the UIP.
|Type of Society / Organization||Fee|
|UIP-affiliated societies in Tier 3 countries||€0 (no fee)|
|UIP-affiliated societies in Tier 2 countries||€250|
|UIP-affiliated societies in Tier 1 countries||€500|
|Non-UIP-affiliated, not-for-profit societies / organizations||€1,000|
|For-profit, non-industry societies / organizations||€1,500|
Appendix revised and approved: Boston, September 2013, Seoul, August 2015; Rome, June 2016; Melbourne, February 2018; Cortina, January 2019