Committee Chair: Oscar Bottini
To apply to become a member of the UIP Education Committee, please contact Oscar Bottini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Education Committee should have experts involved in all areas of Phlebology: Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy (UGS); Endovenous Thermal Ablations; Superficial Veins Open Surgery; Deep Veins Open Surgery; Haemostasis and endovascular procedures for deep obstruction and reflux; Compression and wound healing; Basic science and Research methodology; Lymphology.
- General Guidelines
The Education Committee will work on new educational profiles such as online courses designed by the previous Executive Committee in which members and delegates will have a teaching role (as coordinators or speakers).
Additionally, there are other aspects that the Committee should also consider for the near future:
- Promotion of new consensus through the society members and regional delegates and update of previous ones.
- Development of a certification of knowledge issued by UIP that could be a pre-requisite to access to UIP as individual member.
- Promotion of the specialty accreditation through the Universities and government institutions of each country. We know that this is a long-term goal but perhaps the most important, let’s take a minute to think the potential impact that the UIP will promote in the field. We should be able to support institutions that are fighting for this goal.
- Development of educational projects on medical research methodology to help – from UIP – to balance the differences between central countries with large institutions and universities with a wide support in resources against individual efforts of countries without great infrastructure.
- Development of the LYMPHA Project to achieve a wider educational proposal which includes Lymphology topics in UIP events.
- Requirements to Become a Committee Member
In order to apply for a position in the Education Committee, interested candidates should send:
- A short CV (not more than 120 words)
- Statement of interest. We remind that candidates should explain their intention of joining the working team and potential contributions to the Education Committee without specifying position they will have because this final decision is an Executive Committee attribution.
Interested candidates should send the short CV and statement of interest to Oscar Bottini at email@example.com.
Structure of the Education Committee based on the representation of societies from different continents:
- Chairman of the Committee: One (1)
- Responsibilities of the Chairman
- Suggest names of potential members and of regional delegates
- Elevate to the Executive Committee the suggested names to be voted by the Executive Committee
- Lead Education Committee meetings (online or on site)
- Propose in advance the agenda for each meeting
- Ensure the greatest representation of the Education Committee members in the meetings of the mentioned Committee
- Elevate the new proposals from the members of the Education Committee to the Executive Committee
- Report decisions approved by the Executive Committee to the Education Committee members and delegates
- Communicate the incorporation as well as the end of function of each member of the Education Committee and regional delegates
- Members of the Committee: One (1)
- Number of Members: Up to twenty (20)
- Europe/Africa: One (1) member
- Asia/Oceania: One (1) member
- North America: One (1) member
- Central America/South America: One (1) member
- Based on merit / academics: Up to sixteen (16)
- Requirements to be a Committee Member
- Can not be member of the UIP Executive Committee
- Be a member of the UIP or a UIP society member
- Be an expert in any of the above expertise areas mentioned
- Accredited expertise in education having a central role in academic teaching
- Be an active participant on educational activities. Participation in at least one educational activity (Conference, Symposiums, etc.) per year in their region
- Participation in books, book chapters, leading courses, diplomas or masters
- Responsibilities of Committee Members
- Suggest regional delegates. This suggestion may also be made by UIP member Societies’ Presidents.
- Participate in at least 80% of the Education Committee meetings (online or on-site meetings)
- Point out regional subjects to discuss in each meeting with no less than 30 days previous to the meeting
- Encourage the active participation of the regional delegates
- Inform the Committee about own regional issues
- Duration of Committee Members’ Positions
- The position should last two years
- In case of reelection, a second consecutive period will be considered
- Regional Delegates
- Number of Regional Delegates
- Europe / Africa: One (1) per region
- Asia / Oceania: One (1) per region
- North America: One (1) per region
- Central America/ South América: One (1) per region
- Requirements to be a Regional Delegate
- Do not be member of the EXECOM
- Be member of the UIP or UIP society members
- Be an expert in any of the above expertise areas mentioned
- Accredited expertise in education
- Be an active participant on educational activities
- Participation in books, book chapters, leading courses, diplomas, or masters
- Responsibilities of Regional Delegates
- Participate at least in one of the regional delegates meetings proposed by the Education Committee (on line or face to face meetings)
- Gather information and communicate to the Education Committee the educational needs of physicians and community regarding venous and lymphatic diseases
- Encourage the active participation of health professionals in the UIP educational events
- Encourage venous and lymphatic diseases awareness in their countries
- Participate in at least one educational activity (Conference, Symposiums, etc.) per year in their country
- Duration of Regional Delegates’ Positions
- The position should last one year
- The reelection should be possible without restriction
The last Education Committee meeting was 23-25 January, 2019 in Cortina D’Ampezzo, Italy during the vWinter days Meeting (www.vwinfoundation.com/vwinter-meeting).